Senior Manager, ITSM ServiceNow
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Operations, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Manager, ITSM ServiceNow. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The ITSM - ServiceNow Senior Manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of IT incidents and problems. This role is strategic in nature and includes ownership of CMDB, ITIL Incident Management and Problem Management processes. This role will manage team through escalation process, systems outage management, incident/problem management, root-cause-analysis and continuous improvement. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a global diverse team of managers, engineers, developers, and analysts; provides coaching and mentorship to support individuals to achieve their individual development goals; defines how technical work should be done, selecting appropriate tools, defining technology, quality, experience and implementation standards and practices within own technical domain.
- Driving CI/CD style infrastructure as a code solution by integrating tools with ServiceNow modules such as vulnerability response, configuration compliance, ITSM, ITOM and ITAM; designs and implements tools to enable Infrastructure as a Code?framework in order to automate controls, data and processes to improve posture of overall IT?infrastructure.
- Overseeing work performed by third party vendor(s) related to telecommunication services/Cloud/MSP services in order to track and resolve issues as required, reviews and improves telecommunications related processes, and seeks ways to reduce overall communications spend.
- Partnering with product owners, process owners, business and technical leadership to conduct process reviews and build solutions that improve how employees do their work.
- Leading strategy to develop, implement and maintain ITSM processes/services that align with industry best practices and company standards; ensures ITSM processes are compliant with industry regulations and standards including ITIL and ISO; evaluates IT processes regularly across technology team to ensure our contractual commitments, SLAs and KPIs to customer are being adhered and identifies gaps to continually improve operations and realize efficiencies.
- Utilizing technical skills to ensure development, implementation and support of solutions to improve the capabilities and employee experience for our ServiceNow capabilities and in the following areas:
- Incident Management
- Knowledge management
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Vendor management
- Asset management
- Providing subject matter expertise on ServiceNow platform architecture, tools and systems engineering to other IT and business teams; manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement utilizing Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, CIS, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Minimum of 10 years ITSM processes or related experience including a minimum of 4 years leading the implementation or support of large scale ITSM processes or services
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Agile Certification
- Advanced understanding of the ITIL framework, and an ITIL expert certification
- Advanced understanding of the Service Now platform capabilities
- Advanced experience with?at least?one public cloud technology – AWS, Azure, GCP?
- Basic experience in?at least?one scripting language?– Python, Ansible
- Intermediate understanding of operating system and systems – Windows, Linux, MacOS, databases?
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to articulate security related risks and issues and collaborate with TechOps team to bring them to resolution
- Advanced understanding of all key processes, especially Service Request Management process
- Ability to effectively work with diverse project team members and be able to instill a unified drive to achieve project objectives and milestones
- Must possess a high degree of professional confidence and credibility with the presence and communication skills to represent IT-related concepts effectively to all levels
- Effective at managing conflict situations and representing position wtih supporting evidence and rationale
- Ability to represent complex topics verbally and visually to leadership in a concise manner
- Ability to simplify process/challenge others to think through complex processes to drive simplification
- Broad understanding of the current and emerging IT Service Management trends and developments
- Intermediate knowledge in IT Operations including infrastructure and application systems
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to plan ahead for short-to medium-term objectives and able to identify, organize and facilitate the work
- Strong communications and influencing skills, with the ability to fluently interact with subordinates, peers, and Senior Management
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master's Degree
- 10 years of experience with end-to-end workflow of management tooling, remediation, SLAs, and exceptions
- 8 years knowledge and hands on experience with software programming, SDLC, code repository and version controls
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 39944