Senior Financial Analyst
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Financial Analyst. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. If candidates are local, we prefer a hybrid in-office work schedule (3 days per week). We're also open to candidates living in other nearby markets working in a remote capacity, but willing to visit HQs frequently.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Financial Analyst role is a critical part of the Corporate FP&A team. Specifically, this role will be responsible for all aspects of Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and Capital Expenditure (CapEx) forecasting, planning, and reporting. This highly visible role requires the ability to interact and communicate with senior leadership, including the CEO and CFO, while still being able to model and analyze the four financial statements at a detailed level. This role will also play a key part of developing the plan for long-term strategic investments. This role may also be responsible for planning and analyzing specific areas of the Income Statement, especially performance adjustments due to key items. The Sr Financial Analyst would bring to the role the ability to build and maintain both large scale financial models as well as one-off discounted cash flow analysis.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing consolidated monthly full-year cash flow, balance sheet and CapExp forecast by liaising with various resource groups, including (but not limited to) treasury, accounting, supply chain, and tax. Is the key point of contact for finance leadership (including CFO) regarding key assumptions and variance analysis for forecast.
- Leading annual planning for detailed Cash Flow, Balance Sheet & CapEx for the company; involved in creating presentation material for the finance leadership team to use in presentation to the board of directors. Leads initial CapEx plan (short and long-term planning) reviews with Valvoline leadership team (CEO, CFO, COO)
- Developing and updating models for long-range strategic plans for cash flow, balance sheet, and CapEx with input from various resource groups.
- Forecasting for items below operating income on a monthly and annual basis; collaborates with tax, treasury, and benefits accounting to forecast consolidated tax expense, interest expense, and non-service pension costs, respectively.
- CapEx AFE (authorization for expenditure) coordinator for the company. Key link in approval chain responsible for reviewing CapEx expenditure requests for proper documentation and approval flow. Responsible for creating new unbudgeted line items within SAP capital structure throughout the year.
- Delivering ad hoc projects that may include modeling discounted cash flow analysis of business projects
What You’ll Need
- B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related area. MBA. CPA or MS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in FP&A require
- Minimum 6 years of applicable experience in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Ability to model large-scale organization in Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to think strategically across organizational boundaries along with the ability to act tactically
- Advanced financial analysis, data analysis, and financial modeling skills required
- Must be customer-focused with the ability to obtain "deep and wide" knowledge about the responsible business units.
- Effective communication and presentation (creation/facilitation) skills with all levels of management
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility and adaptability
- Should also be able to provide direction on process improvement opportunities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, and other data manipulation formulas) required.
- Experience working with and making recommendations for efficiencies with systems and tools, such as ERP and EPM
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- CPA or CFA license
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.