Senior Director, Strategic Accounts
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Director, Strategic Accounts. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This position provides strategic direction, financial management and tactical execution necessary to build customer relationships that are win/win for the accounts and for Valvoline. The Senior Director is responsible for oversight of the organization's structure that achieves corporate and account financial and volume objectives.
- The Senior Director must develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive strategic fiscal year sales, marketing and profit plans within the DIY Team.
- These account plans will be consistent with DIY and Valvoline corporate objectives and encompass all product segments and brands.
- The Senior Director must develop, review, evaluate, and approve account specific promotional programs based upon strategic fit, direction and acceptable ROI (i.e. incremental volume, costs and profit). This includes managing and negotiating the marketing and trade funding in an appropriate/effective manner that leads to an acceptable return.
- The Senior Director must manage and oversee the strategic vendor relationship at all levels of both organizations. This position will drive the overall working relationships by involving all resources within both organizations in order to achieve our corporate objectives. The candidate must be able to tactfully drive, coordinate and direct the resolution of problem situations that may require higher levels of management in order to preserve, cultivate and grow the business.
- This position will serve as the conduit between Valvoline and the National Account including such activities but not limited to the following: fact based selling platforms, category management, marketing, e-commerce, supply chain, trade/promotional analysis, vendor managed inventory, logistics, EDI and customer service. Success will require a great deal of communication and cooperation maximizing our internal resources in order to address the needs and opportunities that exist with our customers in the market place.
- In addition to these responsibilities the Senior Director will be responsible for managing a team of direct and indirect reports with the goal of aligning to achieve strategic objectives. The Senior Director, Strategic Accounts role includes responsibility for the primary account as well as all other account distribution channels associated with the primary account (if any).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Account Planning - Setting the vision and developing the plan for each channel of distribution and/or strategic account(s). The director sets the strategic direction, oversee plans, prioritize and implement each strategy delivering growth. The director sets the plan, prioritizes initiatives and and ensures execution to delver growth targets.
- Internal marshaling of resources to develop selling platform; marketing, merchandising, category management, key insights and performance analytics.
- Demonstrating operational decision making through ownership of
planning and development of customer specific meetings including:top-to-top meetings, line reviews, category reviews, sales, marketing and merchandising promotion. Leads internal leadership updates, business reviews, and team meetings.
- Work internally with Valvoline support teams including PLM, operations, forecasting and trade marketing to manage he full portfolio.
- Leads sales and tactical execution at each strategic account distribution channel including meetings and travel. Developing customer relationships from senior leaders to asst managers that gain influence and partnership.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelors Degree Required. Masters Degree Preferred.
- Automotive after-market and retail industry experience required.
- 15+ years key leadership and people management experience, including large national account sales and marketing experience required.
- Marketing and consumer research and segmentation experience a huge plus.
- Experience working with all levels of an organization but especially working with executive level decision makers at the account as well as internally at Valvoline.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be based in Lexington, KY or Bentonville, AK.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Stong Business Acumen
- Ability to develop and communicate a strategic vision for New Channels
- Ability to analyze data and capitalize on key learnings
- Sound knowledge of marketing and consumer research
- Expertise in customer dynamics including merchandising, marketing, category management/analytics & supply chain logistics,
- Sound understand of the working systems of an automobiles and retail distribution
- Problem solving capabilities
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.