Senior Cloud Engineer
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Operations, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline Global Operations has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Cloud Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be able to work independently, providing support for Valvoline Global Operations' server infrastructure area with a focus on Public Cloud offerings. Responsible for ensuring all servers and services are maintained according to our requirements, focusing on availability and security, and performing Audit and Compliance activities in a timely manner. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Independently installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining various operating systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows Server and Linux. Ensure all servers are maintained and patched according to set policy.
- Architect and deploying various services (e.g. deploy a virtual machine, databases, infrastructure as code, etc.) into our Public Cloud environment.
- Engaging service provider to ensure data backups are successful and completed within expected window. Work directly with disaster recovery (DR) coordinator reviewing and enhancing existing DR procedures. Actively participate in DR operations / testing.
- Analyzing, diagnosing, debugging, and resolving moderate to complex issues within the Valvoline server/cloud environment.
- Independently installing, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining various hypervisors including, but not limited to, Hyper-V and VMware.
- Performing monthly, quarterly, and annual review of audit and compliance controls as it relates to area of responsibility. Remediate issues discovered during review process.
- Mentoring and assisting with developing junior level resources.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or relevant field
- Minimum of seven years' relevant work experience
- Extensive experience provisioning various services within Microsoft Azure and AWS Public Cloud
- Extensive experience troubleshooting and providing solutions to issues across various platforms
- Extensive experience leveraging ticket management solutions (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Extensive knowledge and ability to install and troubleshoot issues related to MS Windows server and Linux environments
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience leading infrastructure and/or system administration projects
- Ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- This role requires individuals to work within the demands of a global 24x7, high availability, transaction-oriented network team
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in a large global corporation
- Extensive security and network experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline Global Operations provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 37906