Senior Accounting Manager
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Accounting Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. This position will be on-site (preference 3x a week).
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Accounting Manager, with the support of a team of dedicated resources, is responsible for proper accounting and reporting of multiple business segments. Areas of responsibility include supporting business partners, decision making related to accounting treatment and/or process implementation, and providing a broad understanding of financial impact while operating in conjunction with leadership. The Senior Accounting Manager is expected to develop the team and execute strategic vision for the accounting teams provided by executive teams.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participating in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participating in strategic financial projects
- Ensuring compliance with internal control policies in a SOX and / or ICFR (Internal Control for Financial Reporting) environment
- Collaborating with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacting at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyzing the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of GAAP and/or IFRS
- Making recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establish the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Preparing summary feedback of financial statement variances to budget
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of relevant accounting experience in roles with progressive leadership
- Experience consumer products industries and/or multinational public companies preferred
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills; a critical thinker who can independently complete complex and judgmental tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships and interact with internal and external customers
- Team player who provides vital information to drive great decision-making
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Accounting systems (e.g., SAP) preferred
- Support process improvement activities and projects within or beyond own function
- Draw on past experiences and lessons learned to manage risk and drive higher-quality outcomes
- Encourage new ways of thinking, leveraging the latest technology
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- MBA or graduate degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA / Chartered Accountant preferred
- Preferred public accounting / Big 4 experience up to 5 years
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.