Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. We prefer candidates willing to work a hybrid in-office work schedule (3 days per week). We are also open to candidates living in nearby markets (i.e. Cincinnati and Louisville), willing to visit frequently.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Accountant. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Accountant provides accounting support to the organization through the Corporate Accounting team that supports global operations with emphasis in North America. Areas of responsibility include Income Statement entries and preparation, Corporate Administration, and requires some interpretation / decision making and are of increasing complexity; areas are managed with minimal oversight of a more experienced team member; coaches less experienced team members to execute their areas of responsibility and provides preliminary review feedback. In the role, you would be responsible for:
Expected Risk Portfolio of Responsibility (routine versus judgmental):
Review the sufficiency of the work of team members with more narrow experience in routine, operational areas of low complexity
Ability to take ownership over company checklists regarding increasingly more complex accounting activities and policies (for example: accruals, liabilities, inventory)
Attention to detailed processes and ability to accurately follow steps and identify exceptions / issues for escalation
Experience Applying relevant regulatory frameworks:
Understanding of GAAP:
Solid understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, and applicable local regulatory frameworks to effectively apply the requirements in areas of responsibility
- Example of GAAP Regulations:
- Demonstrated responsibility for maintaining and evaluating the accuracy of balances and activity with moderate complexity (examples include realizability reserves for accounts receivable and inventory, accruals, deferred revenue, leasing) for a limited number of operational legal entities
- Internal Controls:
- Document, research, and develop sound assumptions and estimates in areas of responsibility and execute internal controls through the application of established processes
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of four years' relevant accounting experience
- Expected Business Acumen (Business Knowledge / Soft Skills):
- Demonstrated attention to detailed processes and the ability to accurately follow steps and identify exceptions and issues for escalation
- Ability to evaluate data and assumptions, interpret results, and generate meaningful insights through the application of critical thinking and validation to support conclusions
- Soft Skills:
- Ability to manage time through prioritization and planning to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to utilize straightforward and simple communication when connecting with others
- Expected Continuous Improvement Mindset:
- Contribute to goal accomplishment – make suggestions, volunteer assistance, offer resources, or remove obstacles to help the group achieve its goals
- Utilize feedback and reflection to promote self-awareness and the identification of personal strengths and areas of self-development
- Identify and share opportunities where technology could make a difference
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- In-house Corporate Accounting experience
CPA / Chartered Accountant
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.