Why Valvoline Global Operations?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Operations, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we're open to 100% remote capacity for non-local candidates, but willing to visit HQs as needed.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Accountant. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Accountant provides accounting support to the organization through the Corporate Accounting team that supports global operations with emphasis in North America. Areas of responsibility include Income Statement entries and preparation, Corporate Administration, and requires some interpretation / decision making and are of increasing complexity; areas are managed with minimal oversight of a more experienced team member; coaches less experienced team members to execute their areas of responsibility and provides preliminary review feedback. In the role, you would be responsible for:
Expected Risk Portfolio of Responsibility (routine versus judgmental):
Review the sufficiency of the work of team members with more narrow experience in routine, operational areas of low complexity
Ability to take ownership over company checklists regarding increasingly more complex accounting activities and policies (for example: accruals, liabilities, inventory)
Attention to detailed processes and ability to accurately follow steps and identify exceptions / issues for escalation
Experience Applying relevant regulatory frameworks:
Understanding of GAAP:
Solid understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, and applicable local regulatory frameworks to effectively apply the requirements in areas of responsibility
- Example of GAAP Regulations:
- Demonstrated responsibility for maintaining and evaluating the accuracy of balances and activity with moderate complexity (examples include realizability reserves for accounts receivable and inventory, accruals, deferred revenue, leasing) for a limited number of operational legal entities
- Internal Controls:
- Document, research, and develop sound assumptions and estimates in areas of responsibility and execute internal controls through the application of established processes
- Management of people:
- Provide timely coaching and feedback (informal) through performing substantive reviews of the work of team members with more narrow experience in routine, operational areas of low complexity
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of four years' relevant accounting experience
- Expected Business Acumen (Business Knowledge / Soft Skills):
- Demonstrated attention to detailed processes and the ability to accurately follow steps and identify exceptions and issues for escalation
- Ability to evaluate data and assumptions, interpret results, and generate meaningful insights through the application of critical thinking and validation to support conclusions
- Soft Skills:
- Ability to manage time through prioritization and planning to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to utilize straightforward and simple communication when connecting with others
- Expected Continuous Improvement Mindset:
- Contribute to goal accomplishment – make suggestions, volunteer assistance, offer resources, or remove obstacles to help the group achieve its goals
- Utilize feedback and reflection to promote self-awareness and the identification of personal strengths and areas of self-development
- Identify and share opportunities where technology could make a difference
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- In-house Corporate Accounting experience
CPA / Chartered Accountant
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38601