Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Scientist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
In this position, the Scientist will schedule, blend, test, package, ship and receive experimental lubricant samples as specified by product formulators in a pilot plant and laboratory environment. This role will be a contributor to pilot plant process troubleshooting and process improvement involved in hazard reviews and procedure writing. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Experimental pilot plant operations, hazard reviews, procedure writing, and inspections
- Working with customers and suppliers to manage laboratory and raw material ordering
- Maintenance of the laboratory shipping area including preparation of samples for shipment per DOT and IATA regulations.
- Sample analysis and other laboratory operations and inspections
- Accountable for company and site applicable environmental regulatory compliance, including routine hazardous waste recordkeeping as well as preparation of annual reports and permit renewal documentation for the laboratory manager to review and submit to the KY Department of Environmental Protection.
- Experimental garage operations and inspections.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelors' degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related fields.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience within an analytical lab
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Multi-tasker and problem-solver
- Attention to detail and desire to complete quality work products
- Ability to work well with others and comprehend instruction quickly
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a day to day basis
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and vLIMS programs required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Sets You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering preferred
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.