Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Scientist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
As a Scientist, you will embrace our safety-driven culture in all tasks and demonstrates enthusiasm for the role. Possesses an understanding of laboratory procedures and, under general supervision, can conduct complex analysis. Performs a variety of routine sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure compounds in a variety of formulations and/or rheological matrices for stability and analytical testing. Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory guidelines. Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol, and product specifications. Writes reports summarizing data, suggests improvements to work processes and test procedures, proactively communicates with formulators, peers and managers. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Running laboratory equipment as trained. Prepares product blends under supervision. Documents laboratory data in notebook and spreadsheets. Performs calculations as directed and in teams.
- Performing a variety of specific tasks under close supervision, which involves a series of detailed steps. Collects and evaluates data. Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Providing straightforward solutions to problems using readily available clear and direct references. Assists Scientists/Researchers on projects.
- Running product demonstrations to customers under direction.
- Writing reports summarizing data. Suggests improvements to work processes and test procedures, proactively communicates with formulators, peers and managers.
What You’ll Need
- B.S. in Chemistry or Engineering discipline
- Minimum one year of relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Multi-tasker and problem-solver
- Attention to detail and desire to complete quality work products
- Ability to work well with others and comprehend instruction quickly
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.