Sales Account Manager
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original-the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Operations, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs - today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sales Account Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
***This is a remote role but the individual must be based near Dallas, TX. Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time with several overnights per week.***
How You’ll Make an Impact
This specialized car dealership business development role will lead a team and is responsible for delivering and developing a unique and differentiated car dealership platform that results in new care dealer rooftops. This position will require specific car dealership expertise that assists in the delivery of the platform and other service solutions that deliver strategic growth for Valvoline Global. Collaboration with account management, training, and other business resources are critical to the success of this role as it relates to onboarding and delivering a tremendous customer experience. Success will be determined through the accelerated growth of new rooftops, delivering gross profit, and driving volume.
- Responsible for growing new rooftops, gross profit, and volume delivering VVV value prop. Must be able to effectively sell in family of brands, which includes lubricants, antifreeze, filters, chemicals, and wiper blades.
- Independently managing and reviewing proposals, non-templated & templated contracts, quotes, and value strategy with Sales Leaders.
- Maximize Gross Profit of New Accounts - Work with account management & training team to drive mix and profitability: Create win/win for the customer and Valvoline - understand customer value creation, know customer business drivers, quantify the value of the deal.
- Using a CRM, follow our seller journey processes while utilizing all components of Salesforce.com to ensure proper communication and data capturing.
- Holding pipeline meetings with account management to ensure proper onboarding.
- Personal development & mentorship.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
5 - 7 years of relevant car dealership experience,
2+ years of business development experience (B2B preferred)
Expertise with Car Dealerships and "do it for me" (DIFM) automotive or heavy-duty market experience
Strong track record of business development and/or territory growth
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite primarily Teams, PowerPoint, Excel
Working knowledge of business analytic tools (SNAP, BW, BI Tools)
Working knowledge or Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM)
- Ability to travel up to 75% with some overnight travel
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Lubricants experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.