Risk Reliability Engineer
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Risk Reliabilty Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Risk Reliabilty Engineer responsible for ensuring that key business drivers are supported, that project goals are achieved, and that the work is efficiently and safely implemented on time and on budget. Responsibilities can be summarized within Compliance and Risk Management, Asset Integrity and Reliability, Project Management, and Engineering Support. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Representing Global Engineering in key EH&S, Quality, and Risk related audit events.
- Performing surveys and evaluate risk on topics of property loss and supply chain risk.
- Reviewing Risk Survey Reports as furnished by Valvoline’s Underwriter representatives. Recommend actions and responses based on sound engineering judgement.
- Managing and directing regulatory-required inspections of company assets – namely tanks, piping, diking/containment, fire protection systems and boilers.
- Maintaining records for inspections of company assets as per regulatory requirement and company standards.
- Recommending actions to repair or restore assets to good working order and regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring critical assets are in good working order. Advise condemnation of assets that are poorly maintained, requiring major repair, not suitable for service, and/or restoration of such is financially prohibitive or infeasible.
- Supporting an asset lifecycle management program that ensures the reasonable, long-term reliability of Valvoline’s property, plants, and equipment (PP&E)
- Assessing operations and provide recommendations for proper maintenance of company assets.
- Supporting the business team in scope and cost estimate development to provide best long-term value within an approved project scope.
- Implementation of the approved project scope utilizing the Project Work Process, including established work practices and templates.
- For Risk Management derived projects, organizing and managing an integrated project team that includes resources for process engineering, accounting, receiving, engineering, procurement, construction, start up, plant support and technical support.
- Advising on the proper maintenance and utilization of company assets and unit operations.
- Writing and reviewing global standard specifications, procedures, and policies.
- Implementing Asset Integrity, Reliability, Compliance and Risk Management action items in accordance with Project Work Process.
- Ensuring the business operations remain legally compliant with respect to occupational safety, environmental compliance, electrical safety, and fire protection standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- 4 Year College Degree in Engineering Discipline
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in Reliability plant work and project execution
- Understand regulation and instructing sites on the topics of electrical safety, fire protection, spill prevention, construction best practices in accordance with recommendation in NFPA, IFC, IBC, STI, API, and FM Global.
- Proficient in MS programs
- 50% of work environment will be office based and 50% will be on the plant floor with the equipment and live operation
- Ability to travel overnight, up to 60%
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master’s in Engineering or Business Administration
- Work experience with third party insurance companies, and API inspectors
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- Project Management certifications
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.