Regional Account Executive - Boston
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Account Executive for Regional Dealership Accounts. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This individual must be based out of Boston, MA with the ability to travel up to 80% to surrounding states.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The purpose of this position is to grow the Valvoline business by developing, calling on, and servicing key accounts for the Valvoline family of products. This position will have extensive knowledge of each channel of trade and will help create and execute a selling platform, marketing programs, and account specific promotions that deliver strategic growth for the Valvoline Company. Relationship building with the key accounts is critical to the success of this role. This includes customer site visits, and various face-to-face interactions at domestic locations throughout the United States.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and enriching relationships with regional installers in management, sales, operations, and customer service (regional accounts up to 6 rooftops)
- Transferring product and sales knowledge to motivate, train or coach personnel and/or installers to increase sales of the Valvoline portfolio of products using Virtual and In-store support / classroom training (including installation demos, customized playbook, and execution)
- Business reviews & scorecarding - analyst performance of each rooftop and identifying strategy for growth
- New account onboarding and ongoing management
- Assessing and diagnosing training needs and delivering appropriate training solutions for maximized Valvoline product growth
- Equipment maintenance and facilitating repairs or ordering parts
- Personal Development
What You’ll Need
- BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with DIFM automotive, dealerships or heavy duty market experience
- Strong track record of training and/or sales experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite primarily Teams, PowerPoint, Excel
- Working knowledge of business analytic tools (SNAP, BW, BI Tools, or equivalent)
- Working knowledge or Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM)
- Ability to lift equipment and/or machinery up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in the elements of an automotive shop (heat, cold, noise, etc)
- Ability to travel up to 75% with some overnight travel required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.