Portfolio Manager - Coolants and Future Mobility
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. We prefer local candidates willing to work a hybrid in-office work schedule (3 days per week).
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a . We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Portfolio Manager - Coolants and Future Mobility will conduct regular meetings with the business to track and drive cost expectations of the portfolio. Additionally, the Portfolio Manager will be the subject matter expert on portfolio supply chain within Product Strategy & Management. The Portfolio manager will offer strategic input to assist the Brand Manager in the development of key innovation within the 5 year master plan while also helping ensure profitability via the successful management of product lifecycles. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ownership and analysis of all product costing along with key drivers of that costing. Drives conversation with the business to implement supply chain optimizations, procurement savings opportunities, and consolidation of the portfolio through product life-cycle management. Additionally, responsible for tracking changes month-to-month EG and cost changes within the portfolio to identify outliers and develop course correction plans. Keeps all business units apprised of costing of products.
- Product / Portfolio Costing: Serve as the Single Point of Contact for all business units relative to current costing of all portfolio items, cost changes based on supplier inputs, and cost implications of various supply chain shifts. Actively communicate changes to all teams and ensure close connection with business to understand impacts of absorption on the portfolio
- Supply Chain & Margin Optimizations: Continuously monitor and report out on changes within the portfolio relative to margin. Alert the team monthly to all items outside target margins along with recommended corrective actions to regain target margin windows. Actively seek out opportunities in the supply chain to drive out costs, enhance service levels, and deliver profitability
- SKU Rationalization & Product Lifecycle Management: Own, monitor, and recommend product life cycle for the coolant and future mobility portfolios. This encompasses an annual SKU rationalization of the portfolio followed by Obsolete tracking and process completion. Additionally, determining which SKUs should be cured and provide a strategic path, leveraging data, to move the item into a healthy position. Works closely with supply chain, procurement team, and channel marketing to deliver effective product lifecycles reducing inventory and enhancing profitability.
- Innovation Network Analysis: Aid the innovation team via costing of new materials coupled with the development of the most effective supply chain to deliver fill rate while keeping inventory and COGS low.
- Review and Manage Red Zone inventory in coordination with Supply Chain. Providing direction on excess inventory solutions and ensure execution by the organization.
What You’ll Need
Strong analytical thinking and business mindset. Possesses the ability to turn insights into action
Ability to pull, assess, and conceptualize key data in a manner that makes it digestible for leadership
An inquisitive thirst to learn more and seek the truth
Team oriented, with strong communication abilities and willingness to share ideas for diverse input and perspective
Passion for continually improving recommendations and optimizations to extract value from products and supply chains
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master of Business Administration (preferred)
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.