Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world???s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Plant Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This position is responsible for the engineering, maintenance and development of efficiency improvement projects at the facility level. Responsibilities include providing plant engineering support, capital and operational project management, maintenance department management, & development and administration of the preventative maintenance program. Additionally, the Plant Engineer is responsible for supporting other Valvoline manufacturing and or distribution locations globally as directed by Leader, Global Engineering. This position directly reports to the Plant Manager and functionally reports to the Leader of Global Engineering.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Manage the facility maintenance department. Functions include:
- Development and administration department expense budget.
- Staff administration including: hiring, training protocol, & scheduling.
- Coordination of plant projects; e.g., operational, maintenance, safety, etc.
- Maintain optimized spare parts inventory balancing inventory cost, inventory turns, and ensuring critical parts are maintained.
- Ensure predictive and preventative maintenance is completed by the maintenance staff to provide equipment efficiency.
- Develop and maintain testing, interviewing, qualification and training protocol for maintenance personnel
- Execute capital budget projects for facility construction/re-development, process improvement, packaging line installations, equipment procurement, etc. Responsibilities include estimating, project management and administration, financial tracking, & working with the contractor(s) and plant personnel to ensure timely completion and successful commissioning of projects.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of all existing packaging lines within the facility. Optimize line performance through the use of preventative maintenance systems, and integration and automation of individual equipment or systems. Increase flexibility of existing equipment when possible.
- Develop and maintain an equipment data base and filing system for all critical utilities, processing equipment and all packaging lines within the facility. Data base and files includes: equipment manuals, copies of tank permanent files, regulatory permits, manufacturers, model #'s, serial #'s, equipment history, equipment revisions, etc.
- Participate in facility Safety program administration including; contractor oversight activities & safety training, hot work permit administration, ensuring proper equipment guarding for all equipment throughout the facility.
- Provide regulatory compliance oversight for the facility including regulatory code interpretation and compliance related activities. Ensure compliance with local regulations and Valvoline asset, integrity, and reliability policies as required.
- Providing plant engineering support at various Valvoline locations globally as required.
What You’ll Need
- BS in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, chemical, industrial)
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in or with maintenance group
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in a packaging environment
- Expereince with CMMS or Maintenance Connection
- Expereience with SAP
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.