Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Paralegal. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. If candidates are local, we prefer a hybrid in-office work schedule (3 days per week). We're also open to candidates living in nearby markets (i.e. Cinncinati or Louisville), but willing to visit HQs.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Paralegal role manages the corporate secretarial/legal entity-related matters of Valvoline Global. This role will work with the Legal team and communicate (when required) with outside counsel with specific and limited requests or concerns and is capable of handling and establishing filing systems, databases, or other related documented processes. This role supports and works closely with Valvoline Global Operations Legal team under the supervision of an attorney.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Serves as the primary contact to manage our corporate legal entities across Valvoline Global with regional in-house attorney cooperation and support.
- Manages Valvoline’s entity management software (GEMS) secretarial database for legal entity upkeep/directorship change process, uploading related documentation as well as other key secretarial updates. Ensure that all corporate documents are scanned and indexed prior to uploading onto GEMS.
- Supports the real estate function in conjunction with regional attorney’s in managing lease and related agreements, supporting the permitting and licensing process-related to Valvoline’s operations.
- Providing company secretarial support for the set-up or restructure (or otherwise) of corporate entities and across Valvoline Global as well as maintaining company records, share and registrar functions and systems maintenance.
- Liaising with board members and other relevant parties in respect of legal entity / secretarial compliance.
- Ensuring adherence to good corporate governance principles concerning all company secretarial matters. General maintenance of corporate documents in hard and soft copy format.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Chief Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel occasionally.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in law, paralegal studies or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of paralegal work experience required; experience with the company secretarial function and real estate is preferred
- Proven track record of working in positions where accuracy, structured and documented working, prioritizing has been key.
- Exposure to corporate legal department and/or in-house attorneys preferred
- Familiar with Entity Management Software (e.g., GEMS, Computer Share, etc.)
- Understanding of the US legal requirements for entity upkeep/directorship change process
- Intermediate understanding of applicable law, guidelines, regulations, and legal processes in one or more specialized areas.
- Understanding of corporate law and real estate (preferred)
- Excellent communication, both written and oral, drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Hands-on, proactive, and problem-solving mentality; able to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to cope with confidential, complex matters
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Show initiative and commitment to continuous professional development.
- Solutions and customer-oriented
- Intermediate experience with MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.