Why Valvoline Global Operations?
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Mechanic-Electrician. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Mechanic-Electrician will provide electrical and mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation support for all blending processes, high-speed packaging machines, and related equipment and infrastructure. This includes pumps, motors, flowmeters, fillers, palletizers, depalletizers, carton formers, gluers, piping, conduit and lighting. Troubleshoot and provide timely solutions to all maintenance request calls for all equipment - can be filling and blending equipment, raw material handling, or facility and infrastructure. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Assisting contractors with permits and direction of assigned tasks
- Maintaining proper housekeeping/cleaning in area to ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Rebuilding pumps gear, centrifugal, and diaphragm pumps
- Performing assigned preventative maintenance tasks on multiple pieces of equipment
- Entering and closing work orders in the plant preventative maintenance software
- Responding to call-outs after normal working hours and troubleshooting tank level systems and gauges
- Installing screwed flanged and compression-sitting piping and tubing
- Operating and maintaining hot oil heater, air compressor, and fire pump
- Perform other mechanical and electrical tasks which may be assigned
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' experience in industrial maintenance, both mechanical and electrical
- Knowledge of liquid filling and metering systems, conveyors, 120v and 480v equipment
- Ability to get on and off equipment frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in confined spaces, reach with hands & arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Ability to work in hot, humid, and cold environments
- Must be able to discern noises such as alarms and warning lights
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in high-speed manufacturing such as consumer products or food and beverage
- Knowledge of welding, Lockout-Tagout, hot work, line-breaking PLC knowledge and familiarity (Allen-Bradley and Siemens)
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38440