Manufacturing Engineer- Packaging
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Packaging Specialist Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Packaging Specialist Engineer encompasses involvement in the various aspects of bringing products and projects to life. The Packaging SpecialistEngineer will serve as a subject matter agent for capital packaging projects. Will work with following groups: Corporate Engineering Team, Corporate Purchasing, Plant Operations, Supply Chain leadership, Quality and vendors/installers of packaging components and equipment. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Support the development and execution of projects for packaging Oil, Coolant, or kits while following front end loaded project work process with multiple project phases and develop deliverables over the duration of the project lifecycle. Will work with a regional project manager on series of packaging projects from concept, design, install, commissioning, and site acceptance while driving projects through the Project Work Process to bring projects in safely, on-time and on-budget.
- Developing a comprehensive working knowledge of all existing packaging equipment and lines globally within the company. Optimize line performance through integration and automation of individual components or systems. Increase flexibility of existing equipment and standardize equipment design, layouts, etc. where possible.
- Conduct existing packaging line improvement initiatives and new line implementation projects. Understand the desired outcome of each project and how it will affect business/operations
- Consult with Corporate project managers, plant personnel, and equipment vendors to create conceptual layouts that maximize operational efficiency.
- Develop packaging scopes of work and requests for proposal pertaining to each aspect of the project.
- Support the development of capital plans and timelines that sufficiently cover all packaging work.
- Oversee field work as the project is completed
- Monitor and manage all packaging expenditures throughout each project including final reconciliation and project closure.
- Support "Green/Sustainability" packaging initiatives. Understand industry recycling programs & recommend opportunities to reduce packaging waste.
- Develop & maintain knowledge of new, innovative, and state-of-the-art packaging and material technology. Build relationships with vendors and their technical teams to create a "panel of experts" for reference when needed. Recommend and implement new technology to drive cost reduction and or lead the market with new solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the procurement team. Evaluate and analyze potential vendor products and processes to determine if they qualify for consideration as a supplier to Valvoline. Assist with contingency planning by identifying and qualifying alternative supply options. Provide specifications and considerations to be included in Requests for Proposals for packaging materials, services, and equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- 4 Year College Degree in Engineering (Packaging or Mechanical)
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in consumer products packaging work and project execution.
- Line integration experience
- Excellent project management skill
- Packaging equipment mechanical and controls knowledge
- Field implementation knowledge
- Auto-cad, SAP
- Proficient in MS programs
- Palletization software (CAPE)
- Ability to travel overnight, up to 40%
- 70% of work environment will be office based and 30% will be on the plant floor with the equipment and live operation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master’s in Engineering or Business Administration
- Professional Engineer licenses
- Project Management certifications
- Certified packing professional
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.