Manager Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Manager Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. We prefer candidates willing to work a hybrid in-office work schedule (3 days per week). This position offers relocation assistance.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Manager Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting is responsible for complex technical accounting as well as assisting with the preparation of the consolidated financial statements and related disclosures in accordance with US GAAP. IFRS requirements are also relevant to this role. This position is responsible for leading the analysis, accounting, and reporting of technically challenging areas which may include financing, pension and other postretirement obligations, sustainability, self-insurance reserves and other complex transactions, such as business combinations. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting with the accounting research, analysis and documentation of complex and unusual transactions; accounting policy maintenance; and monitoring activity of the regulatory bodies to identify the potential impacts of new accounting and reporting guidance under both GAAP and IFRS. This role requires a motivated and detail-oriented individual capable of producing a high-quality work product, working under deadlines, coordinating and managing projects across multiple internal and external functional areas, as well as identifying and implementing process improvements.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Ownership of key processes within the monthly closing process (monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and preparation of internal and external financial statements)
- Prepare supporting analysis and documentation to assess reasonableness of monthly activity and account balances, including the execution of related control activities, as well as internal and external reporting for complex areas of accounting, which may include pension and other postretirement obligations, self-insurance reserves, sustainability, financing transactions and business combinations.
- Manage technical accounting research and documentation, as well as the maintenance of internal accounting policies across a variety of complex areas to document and communicate the accounting treatment across a broad audience and range of significant accounting and reporting matters throughout the year
- Oversee completion and review of other external reporting requirements during the year - e.g., group reporting requirements to the parent company, board meeting materials
- Oversee preparation of annual financial statements and footnote disclosures for periodic year-end financial statements including the preparation and review of quarterly board materials and coordination with internal and external auditors for completion of required review and audit procedures.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Minimum five years of relevant progressive accounting experience required
- Minimum three years experience in financial reporting required
- Strong GAAP and internal controls knowledge required
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple deadlines
- Strong aptitude for financial systems with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Self-starter, who can independently complete complex and judgmental tasks;
- Experience with the research and application of complex technical accounting and reporting matters required
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% annually
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Minimum two years public accounting experience preferred
- IFRS experience preferred
- SAP, Business Planning and Consolidations, and/or Blackline experience preferred
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.