Information Security Intern
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Information Security Intern (GRC). You will partner with and support the IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance Team on responsibilities such as supporting the third-party risk management, security awareness and compliance training, data privacy, and vulnerability management programs. This internship will offer a great opportunity to gain an understanding of the dynamic and vast field of Information Security. This role will have a focus on learning and working with information technology and security controls. Must be able to work on-site in Lexington, KY.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Collaborate on identified program deficiencies from internal and external stakeholders, assist with performance of ITGCs and other ad hoc tasks, and review evidence/material provided by other internal members for completeness and accuracy.
- Conduct vulnerability and policy scanning, effectively communicate identified risks and recommended remediation, and track progress.
- Conduct testing on information technology, security, and SOX controls.
- Support lead controls analyst to identify gaps and tracking corrective actions.
- Generate and track security metrics, develop scorecards for the metrics, and communicate results to appropriate members.
Assist with periodic security awareness training and simulated phishing campaigns.
Maintain and update Information Security site and related collaboration sites where communications, documentation, and artifacts are held.
- Drive progress towards outcomes for GRC-related continuous improvement projects.
What You’ll Need
Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology or other related field.
- Actively enrolled in school
- Knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks, such as NIST and ISO
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Experience developing presentations, reporting, and analyzing
- Ability to solve complex issues within a team environment
- Strong verbal/written communication abilities and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work on-site
What Will Set You Apart
- Familiarity with vulnerability and other security scan tools is a plus
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.