Global Director - New Solutions Development Process & Project Management
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Global Director - New Solutions Development Process & Project Management. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. This position requires an in-office work schedule (3 days per week). This position offers relocation assistance.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Global Director of New Solutions Development (NSD) Process & Project Owner creates and implements project management processes and policies, directs/trains/mentors project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. The role provides overall strategic governance for the global New Solutions Development process and establishes standards, processes, and tools for effective project delivery. Institutes methodologies to set productivity and quality targets to assess results for all projects. Monitors and analyzes project metrics to identify weaknesses or problems and to propose operational improvements.
The role is the global owner of Valvoline Global Operations New Solutions Development (stage gate) process. The NSD leader is responsible for building a global team that follows the fundamentals of a stage gate process and project management skillsets. The leader/individual will build a collaborative environment that has clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and global processes. Maintains a communication channel with critical stakeholders to drive process improvements and enhance collaboration to minimize the diversion of project outcomes from the expected results.
The role will ensure the NSD Project Manager’s primary focus is to initiate, plan, execute, control and close approved projects via the New Solutions Development process. The Global NSD Process Owner will respond to escalated project issues that the Project Manager’s may face that impede project delivery and will help coordinate solutions. The role will also ensure Project Managers are following the 3 main functions of project management; 1. Plan, 2. Monitor, and 3. Document the progress of the project to keep it on schedule and within budget. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- New Solutions Development (NSD): Own the global NSD process. Ensure entire organization is following a consistent and effective method. Implement the stage gate process and governance council internationally. Identify and execute improvement areas based on feedback from cross functional stakeholders. Identify tools that can be utilized to define, prioritize, and deliver effective projects.
- Project Management: Coordinate global project managers to make sure key pillars of project management are implemented and followed. Identify international project management needs, make staffing recommendations, and gain leadership alignment. Provide the necessary training and facilitating skills to drive project management across the organization. Manage project resources based on workload and prioritized global initiatives. Ensure adherence to policy and executive leadership direction.
- Analysis & Reporting: Create global KPIs for NSD projects and prepare regular summaries for leadership on projects and team performance. Utilize Workfront tool for US reporting metrics. Determine if Workfront tool should be used in international regions. Lead project quality and post-mortem functions to mitigate and address project delivery challenges in the support of continuous improvement efforts.
- Coach & Mentor: Develop team members. Manage International direct reports. Create annual goals and development plans. Ensure global team is following project management processes, providing clear agendas, project timelines and meeting recaps. Respond to escalated project issues that the Project Manager’s may face that impede project delivery and help coordinate solutions
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ year relevant work experience
- Experience managing and developing team members
Strong focus on building global processes, with a growth mindset
Team oriented, with strong communication abilities and willingness to share ideas for diverse input and perspective
An inquisitive thirst to learn more and seek the truth
A passion for continually improving and optimizing recommendations to help organization achieve growth targets
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project), Workfront, and SAP
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master of Business Administration (preferred)
- PMP Certified
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.