Global Business Optimization Manager
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. We prefer local candidates willing to work a hybrid in-office work schedule (3 days per week). We're also open to candidates working in a remote capacity, but willing to travel to HQs and it will have to travel internationally.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Global Business Optimization Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The role is responsible for the Valvoline Global Operations Business Optimization team. The Global Business Optimization Manager is responsible for building a global team that follows the fundamentals of project management to coordinate Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain projects. The role should build a collaborative environment with clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and global processes. The role should utilize global processes that have been created to build collaboration across the world.
The role will be responsible for a team that leads cross-functional teams for initiatives related to Valvoline Global Operations Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain. The Project Manager's primary focus is initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing approved projects via the Project Management process. The three main responsibilities will be to plan, monitor, and document the progress of the project to keep it on schedule and within budget. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Planning: Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support operational goals. Create project timelines for all initiatives, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines. Delegate tasks on the project plans to the appropriate team members. Adjusting the project plan as needed based on organizational priorities. Oversee implementation of new processes and procedures. Build collaborative and productive teams.
- Monitoring: Lead cross-functional team meetings to project plan. Assure team members are completing tasks and adhering to the timeline. Maintain consistent communication. Participate in cross-functional discussions regarding projects. Present and facilitate meetings with teams, management, and key stakeholders. Ensure effective decisions are made when needed. Serve as the point of contact for all questions related to the project. Manage the identification, resolution, and escalation of project risks, critical path, and issues. Develop best practices and solutions to improve the process.
- Documenting: Create project-based communication (agendas, minutes, status, timelines, informational materials) and distribute information as appropriate. Update project information in Workfront, ensuring the system is up to date for project reporting. Foster effective communication with stakeholders concerning project status. Perform post project audits to ensure effectiveness of and adherence to implemented projects/processes.
- Coach & Mentor: Develop team members. Manage International direct reports. Create annual goals and development plans. Ensure global team is following project management processes, providing clear agendas, project timelines and meeting recaps. Respond to escalated project issues that the Project Manager’s may face that impede project delivery and help coordinate solutions.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of experience of leading projects
Strong analytical thinking and business mindset
Ability to pull, assess, and conceptualize key data in a manner that makes it digestible for leadership
An inquisitive thirst to learn more and seek the truth
Team-oriented, with strong communication abilities and willingness to share ideas for diverse input and perspective
Passion for continually improving recommendations and optimizations to extract value from products and Supply Chains
- Ability to travel up to 10% annaully
What Will Set You Apart
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.