Field Training Specialist
Why Valvoline Global Products?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Field Training Specialist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This individual must be located in San Antonio (metro), Texas with the ability to travel locally and to surrounding states.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The role of a Field Training Specialist is to maximize the effectiveness of store representatives to maximize Valvoline Family of Brands penetration. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- In-store support (including classroom training & virtual training)
- Planning, preparing, and scheduling for training and deliver appropriate training solutions to maximize Valvoline product growth in our Key & Strategic Accounts
- New program launch & support (ex. Onboarding new rooftops)
- Personal development: learning and understand Valvoline and our tools, becoming a successful Field Training Specialist
What You’ll Need
- BA Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of training experience
- Familiarity with "do it for me" (DIFM) automotive or heavy-duty market experience
- Strong track record of training and/or sales experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Teams, PPT, Excel (or equivalent)
- Ability to lift equipment and/or machinery up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in the elements of an automotive shop (heat, cold, noise, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 80% with overnight travel required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM) experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.