Field Training Specialist - Las Vegas Or Bakersfield, CA
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Field Training Specialist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This individual must be located in Bakersfield, CA or Las Vegas, NV with the ability to travel locally and to surrounding states.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The role of a Field Training Specialist is to maximize the effectiveness of store representatives to maximize Valvoline Family of Brands penetration. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- In-store support (including classroom training & virtual training)
- Planning, preparing, and scheduling for training and deliver appropriate training solutions to maximize Valvoline product growth in our Key & Strategic Accounts
- New program launch & support (ex. Onboarding new rooftops)
- Personal development: learning and understand Valvoline and our tools, becoming a successful Field Training Specialist
What You’ll Need
- BA Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of training experience
- Familiarity with “do it for me” (DIFM) automotive or heavy-duty market experience
- Strong track record of training and/or sales experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Teams, PPT, Excel (or equivalent)
- Driven for Results
Planning and Organization
Collaborative (Building Deep & Wide Relationships)
Building Influential Partnerships (Technician to Store Manager)
- Customer focus
- Ideal Team player: Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Ability to lift equipment and/or machinery up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in the elements of an automotive shop (heat, cold, noise, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 80% with overnight travel required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM) experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 40300