Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Summer 2024 Internship
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Summer 2024 Internship . We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. This position will support the implementation of the machine guarding/interaction with equipment, work processes and ergonomics programs, with an emphasis on risk reduction. Additionally, the internship will help support local facility EHS operations. Including but not limited to document review, MOC support on new processes and audit review/support.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Partner with Plant Operations, Engineering & EHS to continue development and implementation of programs around Machine Guarding/Interaction with equipment & Worker Ergonomics.
- Partner with Ops, Engineering & EHS to meet targets and provide documentation to support continuous improvement audit readiness.
- Facilitate processes such Management of Change (MOC's) for process change and improvements.
What You’ll Need
- Currently enrolled at a Univeristy with a degree focus in science, safety, or engineering
- A solid understanding of risk assessments and control methodologies
- Understanding of the MOC process
- Proficient in Excel and Share Point
- Must be able to work 30-40 hours a week on site during the summer
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.