Business Analyst Lead
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Business Analyst Lead. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. We prefer local candidates willing to work a hybrid in-office work schedule (3 days per week).
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Business Analyst Lead is responsible for leading analysis, insights, and recommendations to drive profitable growth at specifically assigned accounts. This role will lead varied and detailed analysis leveraging multiple data sources (point of sale data, Valvoline sales data, market data, and consumer panel) to clarify details of business and promotional performance, identify key findings and opportunities, and recommend indicated actions to drive incremental sales, profitability, and market share. The Business Analyst Lead will regularly communicate results and key findings to senior management, as well as partners with cross functional stakeholders (eg, finance sales teams, product supply team, category management) to answer adhoc business questions, understand account trends and competitive activity, maintain and update forecasts by account. Additionally, depending on the account supported, the Business Analyst Lead will manage specific sales operations areas such as process rebates, updating pricing, and/or setting up new items.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting and insights on business performance for assigned accounts, as well as sales operations needs when applicable. Partners with account teams in identifying opportunities and with cross functional teams to move those insights into actions, including:
- Pricing Analysis: Identify ideal everyday and promotional price gaps, monitor to ensure Valvoline stays within them, recommend changes as needed.
- Promotions, Funding & Financial Execution: evaluate promotions via a robust pre and post event analysis process. Make optimizations to promotional events and plans to drive out ineffective dollars and drive volume, sales, and profit higher.
- Assortment: Partner with Category Management and Brand Management teams to evaluate assortment by retailer to ensure Valvoline and retailer maintains the optimal shelf set. Make recommendations to drive Valvoline market share and category growth.
- Volume Forecasting: Regular collaboration with the supply chain analyst to provide monthly updates to consumption and shipment forecasts by account.
What You’ll Need
Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in business analysis or related field.
- Strong analytical skills with a record of developing and evaluating complex data sets.
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to provide influential leadership to reach business decisions
- Advanced knowledge and experience in most or all finance functions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and maturity in working with confidential and sensitive material
- Effective communication and presentation (creation/facilitation) skills with all levels of management
- Must be customer-focused, seek continuous improvement, and be highly self-directed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Power BI experience preferred
- Work experience within CPG analyzing sales trends, financial performance, and promotional effectiveness helpful.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.