Associate Human Resources Business Partner
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Operations, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
*Valvoline Global Products Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY and this position will be on-site (preference 4x a week).
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Associate Human Resources Business Partner. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Associate HR Business Partner consults with people managers on HR and talent-related matters; helps to align efforts/output of HR centers of excellence (COEs) in support of assigned business units, departments, and/or regions; delivers and coordinates talent management, compensation, and employee development processes/programs, and; provides support and scale to more senior-level HR business partners and COEs, when needed and in conjunction with personal development. The client groups of this role will be the North America commercial groups. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Supporting the strategies, growth and performance of the department by aligning and executing the appropriate HR operational matters
- Providing coaching and feedback to managers
- Facilitating the execution of annual and ongoing organizational and talent processes (onboarding, compensation planning, talent reviews, performance management, etc.)
- Working with leaders and employees to resolve employee relations matters related to performance, compliance and behavior, and handle low and medium priority investigations
- Executing the HRBP talent acquisition duties for the respective client groups
- Enabling organizational change management efforts related to strategy, structure, technology, etc.
- Leveraging reporting and analytics to identify trends and make decisions related to talent acquisition, retention and workforce planning
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Minimum of three years of HR experience in a variety of functional HR areas (talent development, talent acquisition, compensation, employee relations, organizational development, etc.) preferred, with greater depth in one or more of these areas required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Basic critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic experience using HRIS or other human resources systems
- Ability to communicate across various levels within the organization
- Ability to work in a changing, fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in a corporate and/or global setting
- (S)PHR or SHRM-(S)CP
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 40080