Admin - Inventory Control Coordinator
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Operations, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Admin-Inventory Control Coordinator. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This position is responsible for ensuring accurate and precise inventory control and reporting for the facility. The incumbent is the subject matter expert for inventory related matters and will serve as backup for multiple administrative functions.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Processing transactions and monitoring inbound and outbound deliveries
- Creating, verifying and reconciling inventory counts in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Managing the accounting for, and disposition of, claims, returns, scrap and re-work including any associated shipments
- Managing monthly, quarterly and annual inventory reporting
- Performing as backup to Office Assistant as needed
- Answering phone calls and gate calls
- Checking visitors in and out, verifying information given, directing visitors to where they need to go, answering general questions and redirecting phone calls as needed
What You’ll Need
- Two year Associate degree in business preferred
- Minimum five years experience in warehousing, distribution and inventory control
- Broad knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience using a Warehouse Management System
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- SAP experience
- Excellent communication skills (phone, IM, email, in-person) across all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Must be detail oriented and have problem solving skills
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time (sitting, standing, walking, bending and climbing stairs as necessary)
- General office conditions with some time spent in non-HVAC controlled warehouse environment
- Must be able to work any shift and work overtime with little or no notice
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 39818